Sunday, September 11, 2011

Old Orchard Country Club

Today I played a nice round of golf at Old Orchard Counrty Club. It is a short, tree lined course surrounded by a whole mess of houses that are just a bit too close to the fairways for my taste.

Did I mention the course was short? There are many par fours that are around 350 yards, and even one hole fronted by water that is 282 yds( I drove it over the green! AFTER shooing away a wedding photographer from the tee box) The course boasts that it has some of the best greens on the north shore, and I don't disagree. They are true and fairly quick, with few undulations.

I thought this course was pretty easy; I was chugging along at one under par through 14 holes. 15-18 are challenging, largely due to three very narrow fairways and one par three that has a long carry over water.

I only used driver four times, so I thought this was a great place to practice tee shots with a three wood or even a long iron. For 49 bucks, it is not too bad a deal for a weekend twilight rate on the north shore.

Did I mention the coure was nice? That's what it is. The fairways are in spotty shape, as are chipping areas around the green, but the greens are all in good condition. Don't expect a breathtaking round, but rather a fair test of basic golf.

(and check out the blue food coloring in all the ponds-yikes!)

No comments:

Post a Comment